National Science Technology and Innovation Policy Office (STI)
The institution of the office is considered significant in providing support to the government in terms of science, technology and innovation policy formulation, coordination, as well as policy promotion. The office is committed to assist the country in moving towards knowledge-based economy in order to promote the country’s capacity and strength. The science technology and innovation strategic plan and policy recommendations provided to the government by the office are expected to improve the country’s competitiveness and enhance socio-economic sustainability.
STI principally works with the industry, government, academic, and local community sectors in undertaking its activities. Collaborative networking is an essential part of the office and is emphasized by the creation and promotion of active collaboration through strong linkages and exchange programs with local, overseas, and international organizations.
Science, Technology and Innovation capability is considered a major driver of the nation toward the future growth and sustainability, STI is therefore committed to fulfill the mission and assist the nation towards a better future.
1. To produce policies and plans regarding science, technology and innovation at the national level.
2. To provide support and advice to other governmental agencies in formulating their own implementation plans.
3. To monitor and report the implementation results of the national STI plan including the performance of governmental agencies to the NSTIC.
4. To develop standard measurements, indicators, database, and conduct policy research in support of science, technology and innovation.
5. To facilitate and monitor the development of human resources in science and technology.
1. Policy Research and Management Department 1 – 3
2. Thailand Advance Institute of Technology (THAIST)
5. Planning and Budget Department
6. Administration Department
Address: 319 Chamchuri Square Building , 14th Floor, Phayathai Road,
Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel: +66(2) 160 5432 -39
Fax: +66(2) 160 5438